Saturday, July 21, 2018

Another tourist talks about San Francisco

A letter to the editor in today's Chronicle:


Regarding “Visitor’s view of the streets of San Francisco” (Letters, July 18): I have to agree 100 percent with the recent letter from the man criticizing San Francisco’s dirty streets, urine smells, drug problems and rising homeless population. I am from Chicago. Yes, we have some of these problems and a huge homicide problem. 

But I can honestly say that I hope Chicago never becomes similar to what I experienced in San Francisco. While trying to walk my kids around in San Francisco, I saw two people publicly urinating in a park, others high on whatever and the smell of marijuana rampant in city parks.

Then on top of it all, right before leaving, I was issued a $70 ticket for the horrible crime of parking slightly more than 18 inches from a curb. Do you really want to penalize people like me? You will lose much-needed revenue. 

And we did see some great things there. Do you want tourists in your city? I would like to come back, visit your city and have my two kids experience diversity along with the formerly great sights, sounds and history of the “City By The Bay.” My kids, wife and I are hesitant to do so.

Todd Keeler
Chicago, Illinois

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry Mr. Tourist. Our wonderful mayor has come up with an exciting solution. A room filled with 20 stainless steel tables for them to shoot up. As our great mayor Breed has stated.. 70% of the homeless are San Francisco residents that ended up homeless because housing is so expensive(LIE).

The results of "sustainable development" (density for climate change) AKA Plan Bay Area.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We deserve and reap everything we have sown. I happen to blame three decades of electing uber progs to the board of supervisors, not blame the executive branch. The supervisors have backed too many city wide elected mayors into the corner, tied their hands. Why? If the mayor comes down heavy on street people then the supervisors (and the many non-profits who support them) merely label the Mayor as a "moderate" (or, god forbid, a conservative). That is the death knell for an elected official in this upside down city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home