Sunday, August 06, 2017

Giacomo Gambineri

Letter to the editor in today's NY Times Magazine:


I’ve had two abortions. The first time was because of birth-­control failure; my diaphragm was not fitted properly. The second time was because of rape. Both occurred when I was 21. I am now 60. I have never regretted either abortion. In fact, I have always felt very grateful that I was able to get safe, legal, affordable abortions a few years after Roe v. Wade.

If women change their minds and want to reverse the process, that’s their choice. I had no doubt or uncertainty doing it, and I felt only relief as soon as I knew it was done. 

It’s all about choice. Demand for reversals doesn’t mean women really don’t want to have abortions. They just want the right to change their mind. 

Shelley Diamond
San Francisco

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've often said, if honor-killing your sister or daughter for shaming your family offends your delicate sensibilities that much, don't honor-kill your sister or daughter. Leave the rest of us alone to raise our families as we see fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home