Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Americans don't like hipsters


Americans don't like hipsters much, according to a recent poll:

Just 16% of Americans have a favorable opinion of hipsters, a new PPP poll on the much-discussed subculture shows. 42% have an unfavorable opinion of hipsters, and 43% aren’t sure...27% of voters said they thought hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being so annoying, while 73% did not think so.

I like the special tax idea. Let's put it on the ballot, along with the Bicycle Plan and Critical Mass. 

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's put all the things you don't like on the ballot!!! Maybe you can say you hated it first. Oh wait, wouldn't that make you a hipster?

-Ryan K

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Rkeezy said...

Still impersonating me, I see, you coward.

It is fashionable to diss the hipster. Which makes me wonder if there hipsters, hating on hipsters, who don't realize their own hipster status?

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

Just kidding, more or less. And I'm surely not the first to notice how annoying these folks can be. I don't really "hate" anyone; that word doesn't appear in the post.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

Sorry, Rkeezy, that I let this phony slip in again. I guess it's cool to hide behind someone else's name to post anonymous comments.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Rkeezy said...

Ha, it's alright. Maybe Mr. Anonymous is one of the hipsters that this article is about. Impersonating others before it's cool.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would vote for it, truly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home