Tuesday, December 08, 2009

For once Morford gets it right

I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with Chronicle columnist Mark Morford's piece on the left's preposterous "disappointment" with President Obama. Morford's columns on SFGate are usually full of New Age twaddle and about how clueless Republicans and the religious right are, not exactly challenging insights here in Progressive Land. But his "Obama, the great disappointment?" gets it right in spite of his always-annoying prose.
 
Morford links a useful list posted on Daily Kos of 90 of the president's initiatives and accomplishments thus far, compiled by Robert P. Watson, Coordinator of American Studies at Lynn University. Many of the items listed aren't really accomplishments per se, but merely stated intentions. Still there's enough substance on the list to make me pleased that I voted for Obama and glad that he's our president.
 
Today's BeyondChron piece by Randy Shaw is a good local example.
 
And the ultra-left folks at Fog City, who seem to think that blowhard Michael Moore's windy, wrong-headed open letter to the president is worth posting.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had a chance to read today's paper yet, but look forward to doing so over lunch. But I've been amazed at the selectively short memories of most of my liberal brethren. Obama is doing exactly—EXACTLY—what he promised to do in speech after speech after speech during the campaign. All of the manufactured outrage over sending more troops to Afghanistan completely puzzles me, since Obama promised repeatedly to shift the focus of the war from Iraq to Afghanistan and to send more troops there.

I'm also amazed at the naiveté of those who expected all of his campaign promises to be fulfilled instantly. This is politics, and it's slow. I think he's making remarkable forward progress in a number of areas. Not perfect, for sure, but he's certainly still my President.

All of this just reinforces my pre-existing opinion that 90% of Americans are dumber than rocks.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger murphstahoe said...

"All of this just reinforces my pre-existing opinion that 90% of Americans are dumber than rocks."

The other 10% are cyclists.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

We're not really talking about most Americans; we're only talking about those Americans on the left, liberals and progressives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home