Friday, September 04, 2020

"Neighborhood feedback" on Twin Peaks denied

Two people walking in the car free area of the Twin Peaks Figure 8 Pilot
From: Gary Russ
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020
To: District 7 Supervisor Norman Yee
Cc: Mary Miles
Subject: Unable To Comment During Virtual Public Hearing

Hello District Supervisor Yee and Clerk Of The Board Angela Calvillo: 

Just want you both to know I was listening to the September 1, 2020, Public Hearing (File No. 200883) but unable to share my comments. 

No matter how many times I raised my hand via the Webex system, I was not allowed to speak. 

I wonder how many other people had that experience? Very frustrating.

That day I had spent a few hours boiling down my messaging for the Board to 2 minutes and then never got to present any of my comments to the Board. So disappointing and frustrating.

I was going to advocate in favor of the continuance based on my own experience with what happens when the City fails to conduct an environmental review and fails to solicit neighborhood feedback before deciding to close a street whether temporarily or even permanently.

My Best,

Gary R. Russ
Burnett Avenue North
San Francisco, CA 94131


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opening up for public comment is only to satisfy the law period. Other than that they don’t have to listen and will continue to shove these projects down our throats citing public safety and climate change.

To stop it must vote down any measure/props with the words”funding or tax”. I would also suggest to stop buying sugary drinks and riding muni as the sugary tax and muni fares are also used but I know that would be pretty difficult.

Why does your Pg&e bill have an sf use tax/fee? Charged extra because the city of sf is allowing you to use electricity? Anyway it’s all being used to pay for these dumb projects and all public comment hearings are just a farce.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2020/09/01/why-san-francisco-is-in-trouble--19000-highly-compensated-city-employees-earned-150000-in-pay--perks/?fbclid=IwAR1GzMxFTIk8YdhLQkd60zcBh_9ulfhKaBm9bOPJ6_rROYQBtQAs5lQIFAI#c167e9437693

 

Post a Comment

<< Home