Sunday, August 20, 2017

Taylor Swift and what Trump brags about



From the NY Times:

Taylor Swift’s unfiltered testimony about a former radio host who she said groped her attracted a lot of notice for its directness and for the skill with which she parried his lawyer. The trial was a rare, high-profile glimpse into the dynamics of sexual assault cases...

The story includes accounts by women like Erika Rosney who've been sexually assaulted:

As a girl and younger woman, I did not recognize sexual harassment or assault as such. It’s not something we learned about in school or in my household. It wasn’t until college that I learned about it and by then there had been so many instances. It happened at work, school, social gatherings, everywhere.

Looking back on those situations as an adult, I feel humiliated. It makes my skin crawl and also makes me so sad because I did not have the tools to stick up for myself. I don’t think many girls do. I think if I had role models to demonstrate how to respond, I would have been more empowered and less ashamed.

Rob's comment:
What kind of people vote for a man who brags about doing this?

See also Who Is Killing American Women? Their Husbands And Boyfriends.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home