Sunday, July 24, 2016

About Hillary's alleged unpopularity


Hillary talks about her approval rating:

"So I have a track record. And I'm going to remind people of that. Because it's not just rhetoric, for me," she said. "When I was secretary of state, I had a very high approval rating, as you can go back and check. Because I was doing a job that people could see."

When she was a senator, her approval rating was 66%, the same as it was when she was secretary of state. 

There's always been Hillary hate on the right, of course, since her administration will be a conservative nightmare, with a base of women, gays, Hispanics, African Americans/people of color, and union workers.

But there's also Hillary hate on the Bernie Sanders left: See this, this---and the anti-American Counterpunch left.

The mainstream media's negative coverage has nourished Hillary hate:

Source: Media Tenor, January 1-December 31, 2015. Tone figures based on positive and negative statements only. Neutral statements are excluded.
Shorenstein Center

My prediction: the more people see her during the campaign---especially when compared to Trump---the higher her approval rating will go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home