Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ed Lee is a liar 2

Ed Lee is a liar 1

Gavin Newsom is supposedly upset about the ad. To its credit, the SF Examiner posted both the ad and linked the SFGTV footage of Newsom used in the ad:
“It has come to my attention that State Senator Leland Yee has approved and aired a negative political advertisement that features video footage of me,” Newsom said in the statement. “I urge him to take down the ad immediately. I did not authorize the use of my image. Nor do I condone the ad, its highly negative tone or the cynical attempt to mislead voters into thinking that I approved the message in any way.” Jim Stearns, Yee’s political consultant, said the campaign has no intention of taking the ad down and that the Newsom footage is a matter of public record and part of city government’s SFGovTV’s 32-minute documentary on the interim mayor selection process.
Stearns is right, since city taxpayers pay for SFGTV. Of course Newsom wants to be perceived as a good Democrat and a member of the city Family in good standing, which evidently involves---warning, mixed metaphor ahead---sweeping Lee's betrayal under the rug and circling the wagons in his defense, since he also happens to be a member of the Democratic Party.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Patrick Connors said...

Unbelievable. At the D5 debate, someone asked "Who would you pick to replace Ross Mirkarimi as D5 Supervisor if you become Mayor and he is the Sheriff".

Tony Hall said "Rob Anderson"

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

That's flattering. I guess he doesn't like Mirkarimi---and City Hall---much, and I am the anti-Murk on every important issue. In the unlikely event Hall's elected mayor and the Murk is elected sheriff, he'd have to go through with it. It would be good for me, since I could get my teeth fixed with the benefits.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

That was a joke, dude, more or less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home